Hot field porridge is a delicious traditional dish that is prepared in nature. For its preparation using fairly simple ingredients. There are several recipes for porridge at the stake. Each has its own cooking characteristics and has a unique special taste.
Many field porridge lovers use a simple classic recipe for its preparation. The dish is aromatic and nutritious.
There are a lot of products for such porridge:
- one and a half glasses of millet;
- two large onions;
- half a kilogram of potatoes;
- one liter of water;
- 200 grams of pork fat;
- Bay leaf;
- one bell pepper;
As a seasoning, you can use hops-suneli and red pepper to taste.
The process of preparing a classic field porridge consists of several stages:
- Make a fire and equip a place for a pot over it. Often the container is suspended on a tripod.
- Pre-soak the cereal in water. This will allow millet to cook simultaneously with potatoes.
- On the hot bottom of the pot, put sliced fat. It should melt to the formation of cracklings.
- Diced onion and bell pepper are added to the bacon. All products are lightly fried and sprinkled with spices.
- After that, water and millet are poured into the pot. The liquid should completely cover all the products in the container.
- All products in the container are constantly mixed until the water boils.
- Pre-peeled and diced potatoes are added to the boiling mass. If the water has boiled strongly and does not cover the food in the pot, then add it to the previous level.
- The container is covered and cooked until all products are cooked. At the same time, porridge should be mixed regularly so as not to burn.
In the finished dish, put the bay leaf, and leave it under a closed lid for a few minutes. Porridge at the stake, cooked according to the classic recipe, has a special unique taste.
Such a dish is cooked at the stake, so that the dish is saturated with smoke.
For soldier's porridge, you need these products:
- three medium-sized onions;
- two glasses of millet;
- five fresh chicken eggs;
- 150 grams of wine lard;
- half a kilogram of potatoes;
To make such porridge at the stake is quite simple:
- Finely chopped lard and onions are separately fried in a pot. Finished products are removed and set aside until they are completely cooled.
- Water is poured into the tank into which salt is added.
- When the liquid boils, you can make chopped potatoes and millet. They should be cooked, stirring until cooked.
- In a separate bowl, fried onions and lard mixed with raw eggs. After this, this mixture is added to the finished porridge and left for five minutes over the fire.
Buckwheat field porridge
Buckwheat is a fairly nutritious and healthy product. Field porridge made from this cereal is nutritious and has a unique taste.
A dish is prepared from the following ingredients:
- 250 grams of buckwheat;
- one large carrot;
- can of stew;
- large onion;
- Bay leaf.
The process of making field porridge from buckwheat has its own characteristics:
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin straws, and cut the onion into cubes.
- Open the can of stew and remove the top layer of fat, which is laid out on the bottom, heated on the fire of the pot.
- On well-melted fat from the stew, the onions and carrots are fried until tender.
- Stew is added from above and fried until the moisture evaporates.
- Buckwheat is poured into the pot and filled with water, which is previously brought to a boil in a separate container.
- Salt is added and all foods mix well.
- Porridge is cooked on fire until the cereal is completely ready.
At the very end, the dish is seasoned with finely chopped greens. Often, parsley or dill is used for this purpose.
Cossack Kulesh Recipe
A traditional Cossack millet millet is being prepared. The dish is hearty and aromatic.
For its preparation, the following products are required:
- can of stew;
- 200 grams of millet;
- ten small potatoes;
- 150 grams of fat;
- five small onions;
Cossack kulesh is preparing quite quickly:
- Water is poured into the pot placed above the fire. Then add the chopped onion and whole potatoes peeled.
- Millet is thoroughly washed and introduced into a boiling mass. The field of this kulesh is salted and boiled until the potatoes are ready.
- The onion and three whole cooked potatoes should be removed from the pot and knead thoroughly. Then this puree is sent back to the pot.
Greens and spices are added to taste. Be sure to add a bay leaf at the end.
Pearl barley porridge
Such a dish is often prepared on campus. It is quite nutritious and fills the body with energy.
In order to cook pearl barley porridge at the stake, it is necessary to prepare the following ingredients:
- 800 grams of pearl barley;
- two onions;
- two large carrots;
- three liters of water;
- two cans of stew;
- 100 grams of butter;
- three cloves of garlic.
To make porridge you need:
- Rinse the cereals well and put in a hot cauldron. Barley is fried for several minutes until golden brown, removed and laid out on a separate bowl. This preparation of cereals contributes to the rapid preparation of dishes. After
- Separately, in a cauldron, carrots, onions and stew are prepared. The vegetables are finely chopped and well fried. After that, garlic and stew are added. All products are browned on fire.
- Pour the cereal into an empty pot and fill it with water. The container is covered with a lid, and the mass is brought to a boil.
- Pre-fried meat and vegetables are added to boiling water. All the ingredients need to be mixed, and left to cook on the fire until the porridge is completely ready. Water should be completely evaporated.
Spice, oil and herbs are added to the prepared pearl barley porridge.
Rice porridge at the stake
Field porridge made from rice cereal with meat is considered equally tasty and healthy.
The recipe is quite simple and requires the preparation of such products:
- 2.5 liters of hot water;
- 800 grams of round rice;
- one kilogram of pork or beef;
- three carrots;
- one tablespoon of vegetable oil;
- a couple of bay leaves;
- ground black pepper.
Cooking rice porridge at the stake in the following sequence:
- Wash the meat and cut into small pieces.
- Cut carrots into thin strips and onion rings.
- Rinse thoroughly;
- Pour sunflower oil into the bottom of a well-heated cauldron and fry onion slices on it. Put the meat on top. Pour boiling water over all products in the container, pre-pepper and salt.
- After the liquid boils, cover the pot with a lid and cook for one and a half hours on low heat. Water should be added as it evaporates.
- After the set time has passed, prepared carrots and bay leaves are introduced into the container. The dish is cooked on the fire for another half hour.
- Rice is added to the finished broth. In this case, the water in the container should cover the groats for five centimeters. Cooked porridge until cooked on low heat for forty minutes. The ingredients should be mixed periodically throughout the cooking process.
Properly cooked rice porridge at the stake should not be thick. The liquid in the pot should cover the cooked grits for one centimeter. The container is closed by a lid and left for a couple of hours. For a complete evaporation of porridge should wrap the pot in a dense fabric.
Features of cooking and secrets of field porridge
In nature, dishes are often cooked at the stake made of cereals. Field porridge is not only a tasty and aromatic dish, it is quite nutritious and gives strength in the campaign.
In order to quickly cook and properly cook porridge, you should adhere to several secrets of its preparation:
- Before cooking cereals, you need to soak it in boiling water. It is best to use a thermos for this. It can be prepared millet at home before the trip. Under the influence of a hot liquid, the cereal will evaporate, and cooking porridge will take very little time.
- You need to cook porridge in a sufficient amount of water. A glass of cereal needs at least three glasses of liquid. For soaked millet, use a little less water.
- It is necessary to boil the porridge until the cereals are completely ready. After that, the container is covered with a lid for several minutes to insist on the dish.
- Groats are introduced only in boiled hot water. Cook porridge should be with constant stirring. If cereals pre-steamed in boiling water are used, then it is not necessary to interfere.
- Salt is added immediately after boiling water. Try the porridge a few minutes before it is ready.
- The capacity for the porridge should be located exactly in the middle of the fire. This placement of the pot allows you to evenly prepare all the products. Preparing cereals on a not too high fire.
- Ready field porridge should not be slightly liquid. Spices and herbs are added to the dish as desired. Most often used dill, garlic, red and black pepper.
Field porridge at the stake has a special aroma and unique taste. Such a nutritious dish can feed quite a large number of people on a hike. The main thing is to stock up on all the necessary ingredients and observe all the basic rules of preparation.