Manufacturers of fishing tackle regularly replenish their assortment with new tools that simplify the fishing process. The self-guide for the feeder refers specifically to such accessories, with the help of which the amount of catch is increased significantly. With feeder fishing, such tackle is especially important, because it allows you to quickly respond to bites without the participation of a fisherman.
Purpose and Specifications
Auto-cut is often used when fishing for more than one fishing rod, which is not uncommon for feeder fishing. It is also advisable to acquire a self-guard, if bites are rare or have to fish at night. In fishing you need to consider the breed and physiological characteristics of the fish you want to fish out. This determines the strength and speed required for cutting. The purpose of self-guides is as follows:
- timely and with the necessary strength to perform a cut without the participation of a fisherman;
- provide a snap jerk in automatic mode;
- perform a cut if the fisherman falls asleep during night fishing.
Auto-cut devices respond quickly even to a weak bite during feeder fishing and provide the necessary line tension. This increases the chances of returning home with a rich catch, allows you to do something else at the same time as fishing, and also makes it possible to catch fish without having to be present in person.
Technically, the self-stick is as follows:
- supporting stand - necessary for installing the device on the shore;
- yoke - to secure the handle of the fishing rod;
- spring - creates a feeder jerk up (hook) when a fish is swallowed by a hook;
- trigger (trigger) - helps to trigger the rocker when pulling fishing line with fish.
Types of self-guides for different types of gear
Automatic tackle devices are equipped with any gear used, including donkeys. Most often, these devices are installed on float rods, ordinary snacks and feeders.
Structurally, the devices are divided into:
- modernized - floats and hooks, which, due to small modifications of their design, allow you to perform hooking without a fisherman;
- self-made - a device made with one's own hand, and working on the principle of a mousetrap;
- factory - technological mechanisms designed for a specific type of gear.
Depending on the chosen gear, the choppers are:
- for donks - help to produce auto-cuts when fishing on a standard bottom rod;
- for the feeder - a wide variety of devices designed for installation on gear. Special hooks can also be used, the design features of which make it easy to swallow and pull the sting into the mouth of the fish when swallowing and lifting it, and stay there when fishing;
- for fishing rods with a float - devices similar to feeder ones or special floats with a movable washer on their antenna are used.
With active bite, auto-cut is not needed, because most of the time the fisherman will go to reload the device, thereby distracting him from the bite.
Subsectors are also divided according to installation methods. There are three options for securing the device.
- On the shore next to the rod. This is mainly a home-made device with a special wooden stand. Located along the line.
- On the feeder form. The gear in place behind the reel folds to 90 degrees immediately after casting the bait. The feeder handle is fixed in the holder, the long part looks at the water. At the moment of bite, the fishing line sets the trigger in motion, the spring is activated, and the self-bouncer jerks the fishing rod up, performing a hook. This fishing option is acceptable using a very light fishing rod, the length of which is not more than 2 meters. Of the minuses of such a mechanism, it is possible to note the possibility of being covered with corrosion, due to the fact that it is made of steel. The second drawback is the extension of the spring over time requiring its replacement.
- On the stand fishing rods. The handle of the gear is located and fixed on a special bracket, which from the moment of biting raises the rod up. This happens at the moment of pulling the fishing line hooked on the hook of the undercutter.
The choice of a self-sticking device depends on the personal preferences of the fisherman and the type of gear used for fishing.
Features and rules for using the self-self-selector
Considering that only industrial mechanisms have adjustment for a certain type of gear, it is necessary to select and configure a different type of self-protector by trial and error. Before using the device in work, it is necessary to take into account some nuances:
- weight and length of the rod;
- the approximate distance at which the bait is planned to be thrown;
- current strength and speed of the boat;
- features of fish, its size, weight, type of bite.
Compliance with these rules will significantly reduce the number of empty bites and increase the catch.
Auto-cuts can easily cope with any fish, regardless of whether it is small or large predator. From the fisherman you only need to adjust the device for a specific breed and wait for the catch. Observe the tension of the self-bouncer. Too strong will not allow the fish to remove it from the stopper or the hook will simply rip her mouth and she will leave. A weak tension will have the desired effect on the fish.Self feeder example for feeder
The principle of operation of the automatic feeder for the feeder is very simple:
- a fishing rod with a bait is thrown at the right distance to a specific place;
- the balancer is installed in relation to the rack perpendicularly and is captured by the trigger;
- the fishing rod is inserted into the clamps on the balance beam, the weakened fishing line is wound back;
- fishing line is started by the trigger mechanism;
- during biting, the fishing line pulls the lever, releasing the balancer. The latter, as a result of the spring tension, is pulled upward, making a cut.
There is nothing complicated in using a self-guide, and even a novice fisherman can easily figure out the principle of its action.
Making a do-it-yourself self-feeder for a feeder
On sale you can find many factory fixtures. There are also various auto-cut schemes for making a do-it-yourself feeder for a feeder. They are simple and understandable, so making them yourself is not difficult.
For a simple and cheap design, you will need the following materials and tools:
- stationery erasers 2 pcs;
- paper clip 1 pc;
Stages of manufacturing a self-protector for a feeder from a paper clip.
- Erasers are threaded into each other, connecting together.
- One end of the gum is attached to the coil leg.
- The metal clip is straightened into a flat wire.
- Hooks are formed at the edges of the resulting wire.
- After casting the bait, the device is fixed at one end to the first ring of gear.
- With the help of fishing line, the self-guide is cocked, the free end with a hook is fixed.
- After setting up, it is necessary to check the operability of the device once, then bring it back to its working position.
A more advanced type of automatic chopper is similar to the principle of the mousetrap. To make it you will need:
- grinder and drill with nozzles;
- metal rods with a diameter of 3 mm and 1.2 mm;
- duralumin corner 25 * 25 mm;
- spring from the door;
- bolts and nuts.
Stages of manufacturing a homemade chopper.
- From a duralumin or aluminum corner, a stand is made to fix the device on the shore. Length approximately 7-10 cm.
- A balancer with two brackets is made of a steel rod of 3 mm, the rear of which is made in the form of the letter "D", the front one in the form of "C". Both brackets should be perpendicular to the axis of the balancer and opposite each other.
- A loop is made in the middle of the balancer to mount it on the rack. When bending the front bracket, a loop is made to secure the trigger mechanism.
- The trigger with a loop, a ring and a hook is made of a 1.2 mm steel bar. The movable part of the mechanism is made of it. It consists of two interconnected straight cuts. The first is connected to the front bracket together with the trigger, the second is slightly bent and passed into the ring in the middle of the trigger.
- Moving elements are fixed 6-7 cm lower from the top of the rack when it is in the working position. A small wire hook is mounted on the back.
- Using a 6 mm bolt and the same nut, the trigger is attached to the loop of the front bracket.
- In the rack, at a distance of about 25-30 cm from the top, up to 5 holes are drilled.
- The balancer is attached to the stand with a loop using an 8 mm bolt and the corresponding nut.
- The spring is secured by the handle hook for the holes on the rack and for the rear bracket.
After assembling the device, the installation process begins.
- The balancer bends, forming a right angle between its base and the upper side of the rack.
- The connection of the moving sections of the trigger is hooked to the rear of the rack.
- The free end of one movable part is passed into the trigger ring in the middle.
- The fishing rod is fixed in the clamps of the balancer, the excess fishing line is exhausted.
- The line is pulled back and hooked into the hook of the trigger.
- Pulling up, the fishing line raises the trigger of the trigger, the end of one moving part pops out of the hole of the trigger, releasing the beam with the spring. The latter rushes up, performing a sweep.
Having done everything right, you will get a great fishing device. With the self-guide for the feeder, you can not be afraid that the labor of fishing will remain without reward.